I'm getting rather desperate. Bought a 2006 Megane as a second car. Car has been in a private workshop where I usually send my other car (honda) and also recently in and out of Wearnes for about 4 times now. Private workshop and Wearnes already changed many parts. Wearnes say they don't know what's wrong with it as no more fault code to fix. With 2 young kids and very tight budget, I've already spent a lot of money on this problem with no improvements. Hope some bros here can help.
- Bought car in August 2012. Car original reg date is Apr 2006
- Car worked fine for about 1 week and started to lose power from time to time. Sometimes at junctions and traffic lights, the engine rpm will drop from 1,000 to 600 to 400 and do a disco from 400 to 600 for 15 seconds and then come back to life to 1,000 and it would be ok. At first it happened once a day. Then slowly, it happened twice a day. Then 5 times a day. After about a week, I brought it in to my regular workshop where I send my honda.
- At private workshop, changed fuel sensor, ATF, spark plugs and quite a few other small things which I can't remember. Spent about $1.7k.
- Problem seemed to resolve for 2 weeks. I thought I was problem free.
- Then problems came again.
- Engine will drop rpm but won't disco like before. Will just seem to lose power and sometimes will die off and sometimes will come back to life.
- In Nov 2012, brought to Wearnes. Changed some items & Spent $1.8k.
- Was ok for 1 week, then problems came again.
- Sent in to Wearnes again, change fuel injectors. 4 pcs. Spent another few hundreds.
- Was ok for 1 week, then again problems started.
- Sent in to Wearnes again, they did some checks and changed some other parts. I need to start digging the receipts to figure out what they changed.
- Didn't solve the problem. But I needed car for a few days, so asked them to wrap up and handover.
- Before CNY 2013, sent in to Wearnes again as problem got worse. Previously rpm will drop and come back after a while. Now, 50% of time will drop and stall. 50% of time will come back. Wearnes said no more fault code to change. Wearnes also told me that this car got problem. Since previous owner, change a lot of parts. Many items under the bonnet is new.
- Not much problem when i put a heavy foot to the accelerator. But with constant city traffic, difficult to do so.
- Problem seems to be happening more often when travelling at slow speed
- Most of the time, happens when taking off from traffic light or at junctions
- Sometimes, when waiting at traffic lights and junctions (either in D or in N gear), rpm will drop from 1,000 to 500, and stall.
- Sometimes when driving off from stationary, will take off for a 10 to 15 meters, then lose power. Then I have to quickly filter to side of the road and shut off engine.
- Worst case in 1 day can stall 10 times. Problem seems to be less when driving on express way when driving fast.
- Solution whenever engine goes into limbo is to shut off and restart. After that usually can drive off... Untill the next traffic light.
- I think Wearnes is also stumped with this as it does not happen 100% of the time of driving. Sometimes will be ok for 2 days in a row. Then other days, will stall 10 times in a day.
Spent so much money at Wearnes and private workshop. Can't afford to trial and error and change more parts. Desprately in need of help. Hope some bros here can help. Thanks!